We’ll list known problems here in the top post of this thread… feel free to post comments about anything technical.
- April 14, 2010: after some securities updates to the site, the Front Page and Filings posts are not showing up in Forum lists. We have techs digging into why this is and hope to have it back to normal shortly.
- Site Data before June 1:
all the old articles and forum activity (fixed) are intact and waiting to be made available in some way. We’re discussing w/several folks who have ideas and should have a solution to announce soon. Update: forum archive online. Just working on article databse now.
- Private Messaging: no folder system yet and tag filtering is pretty iffy I’m told. The PM system is definitely beta so expect improvements over the next few months as the brains at drupal.org refine it.
Browseable site member list: knew I forgot something! We’ll get one up soon. Workaround: use the search box (though accounts less than an hour old may not show up yet in searches… indexing, you know).It’s nothing fancy yet, but a browseable member list is available to other members at http://sharperiron.org/memberlist
- Profile picture: before you can change your profile pic, you have to delete your current one. Would be nice to be able upload a new one and delete the current in one step… or keep several in profile. Also, if you change your profile pic and want to see it in your browser, you’ll probaby have to refresh a few times or even close and reopen your browser (this is not a bug. Caching the pix helps keep things from getting slow)
Latest posts/todays posts view: this is missing from Foundry. Plan to return it soon.fixed
- Latest posts/counts on Forums page: these are not updating as quickly as we’d like. Looking into what needs adjusting…. likewise for “new” indicators.
Ladies Only Forum: the subforums there have not been built yet. Soon.fixed
- Post links in Foundry: if post is on the second page (not on the first page) it takes you to the top of the first page instead of to the post. Status: not fixable short-term. The Foundry does not “know” what page posts are on.
Foundry: OP’s (original posts)/ thread-starter posts, don’t show. Should have this fixed soon.fixed Foundry: Most active ever - something is currently wrong w/how posts are counted there. (Schwenke has not posted 153 times!).Tabled for now. FAQ links not showing in Internet Explorer 8 - this is some kind of IE problem. We recommend Firefox. Will be looking for fix for IE eventually.fixed
- Multiple subscriptions/notifications. Update: this appears to occur when a comment is edited… one notification goes out per edit. One workaround is to set your notifications to go out in bunches ever x period of time rather than “immediate.” What that does is reduce your number of emails, though you’ll still have a line & link for each edit in the emial that goes out. 9/10/09: we now also have a “Save without sending email notification” option as well so you can edit your post without emailing a notif. for each edit you save.
Scripture reference popups (Reftagger). Selected translation in Bible Options box not saving.fixed Articles & Filings not showing up in forums - known issue. Do not yet know cause of this, but getting closer.
- Clicking the Quote link takes you to an uneeded “Reply” page… Since we don’t use threading (where replies to posts are indented and placed directly below the post you’re replying to), there is really no reason for the Quote link to take you to a reply page.
Combined RSS feed for both Filings and front page articles. [done] Ability to disable missiles fired from North Korea… [rejected] (Considering feature that will alow re-aiming, though)
- Text formatting bar (for bold, italics, etc.)… [maybe] … in the mean time, Greg L. recommends a Firefox plug in: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/128
Shinier stars in the forums w/new posts icon. [done]
Full Text Feed Content For RSS Feeds - [approved] (Pending ability to get ads into the feeds)