Among other important truths, registered Sharper Iron users hold to the following:
- The plenary Divine inspiration of the Scriptures in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and as the Word of God, the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- The Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The essential, absolute, eternal Deity and the real and proper, but sinless, humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- His birth of the Virgin Mary.
- His substitutionary, expiatory death, in that He gave His life “a ransom for many.”
- His resurrection from among the dead in the body in which He was crucified, and the second coming of this same Jesus in power and great glory.
- The total depravity of man through the fall.
- Salvation, the effect of regeneration by the Spirit and the Word, not by works, but by grace through faith.
- The everlasting bliss of the saved, and the everlasting suffering of the lost.
- The real spiritual unity in Christ of all redeemed by His precious blood.
- The necessity of maintaining according to the Word of God, the purity of the Church in doctrine and life.
(This statement is copied from the American Council of Christian Churches, a multi-denominational organization formed in 1941 to defend the fundamentals of the Christian faith.)
Related: some information on the doctrinal views of SI’s moderators, etc.