Trump Says “Biggest Pastors” Believe His Feud with Democrats, Media Is Fueling a Great Revival

"Friday, President Donald Trump told the nation he believes a revival is coming because of his struggle with the media and Democrats....Pastor Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Dallas agrees with the President." - Christian Headlines

2522 reads

There are 41 Comments

GregH's picture

Larry wrote:

Can someone explain why there is an almost total lack of curiosity about the Bidens and their Ukraine and China relationships?

Because up until this point, the only people that are advancing these conspiracy theories are the likes of Trump, Giuliani, and Hannity. In other words, people that you know are lying by the fact that their mouths are moving. Speaking for myself, if the FBI or other credible agencies uncover a problem, I would take it seriously.

Larry wrote:

Why is there an objection to asking a foreign government to help with an investigation of American corruption?

Because how Trump did it is clearly illegal as numerous experts have stated. What I don't understand is why that question is even being asked.

Bert Perry's picture

Greg, the FBI and State Department request information and more from foreign governments every day.   There is nothing illegal about that.  

If we change the question to "is it illegal to solicit information or assistance from foreign countries in order to hamstring the campaign of a political opponent?", I don't even know if that is illegal.  If it is, a lot of Democrats ought to be very nervous, because precisely that was the pretext for the two year investigation of President Trump via the Steele Report and the Mueller investigation.  

Reality is that every President I can think of for the past 40 years has interacted with foreign countries to not only learn the ropes of diplomacy, but also to make it more difficult to lose re-election.  If this is criminalized, watch out for our country.  

Aspiring to be a stick in the mud.

GregH's picture

Bert Perry wrote:

Greg, the FBI and State Department request information and more from foreign governments every day.   There is nothing illegal about that.  

If we change the question to "is it illegal to solicit information or assistance from foreign countries in order to hamstring the campaign of a political opponent?", I don't even know if that is illegal.  If it is, a lot of Democrats ought to be very nervous, because precisely that was the pretext for the two year investigation of President Trump via the Steele Report and the Mueller investigation.  

Reality is that every President I can think of for the past 40 years has interacted with foreign countries to not only learn the ropes of diplomacy, but also to make it more difficult to lose re-election.  If this is criminalized, watch out for our country.  

I went back and revised what I said. I don't think any rational person would wonder what I meant but should have remembered that it would be nitpicked to try to score some cheap points. What Trump is doing to try to sink his political opponent is illegal and disgraceful and there are numerous true experts (not partisan nuts like the FNC hosts) that have said so. I repeat--it is astounding that this is even being debated.

Bert Perry's picture

Greg, not trying to score cheap points.  I'm just wondering how we decide that how Trump did it is illegal, but how Biden did it (with a much clearer quid pro quo that benefited his son's employer and his son), and how the FBI did it with regards to the Steele Dossier, is somehow not problematic.  Or for that matter, Teddy Kennedy soliciting Yuri Andropov's help to win an election.

Or, put differently, which laws have those "numerous true experts" referred to?  I just looked at CNN and am not finding anything.  

Aspiring to be a stick in the mud.

GregH's picture

Bert Perry wrote:

Or, put differently, which laws have those "numerous true experts" referred to?  I just looked at CNN and am not finding anything.  

Once again, I am not going to argue with Trump's conspiracy theory nonsense regarding the Bidens or Steele dossier. If someone credible (ie not Trump/Giulianni) comes forward with something concrete, that will be a different story. At present, that "corruption" seems to exist only in a few addled brains in the White House and on Fox News. 

Nor am I going to argue the law with you. Neither you or I are experts on the election law. Here is the statement from the FEC which is non-partisan and IS an expert on election law. It is crystal clear without one ounce of nuance. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fec-chair-ellen-weintraub-foreign-interference-trump_n_5d961996e4b0da7f66231326

Bert Perry's picture

Greg, when you engage in personal attacks on Fox News and the President, you say a lot about your thinking process, none of it suitable for public consumption.

Regarding Weintraub's statement, again, if it is wrong for Trump to solicit information or help that might impact an election, it is simultaneously wrong for Biden and the DNC to do the same with regards to Burisma and the Steele Dossier.  Sauce for the goose, brother. 

It is worth noting as well that a tweet (which is your source's ultimate statement) does not qualify as a legal opinion, especially inasmuch as Weintraub does not mention a specific section of law which would apply.  It is informative as well, given the highly politicized nature of this debate, to note Ms. Weintraub's political affiliation.  She is, of course, a Democrat.  

There was a time, perhaps, when this sort of thing could be ignored, but in a world where Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff have convened an "impeachment investigation" without clear evidence of a crime that doesn't implicate their party far worse, it sadly must be taken into account.

Aspiring to be a stick in the mud.

GregH's picture

Bert Perry wrote:

Greg, when you engage in personal attacks on Fox News and the President, you say a lot about your thinking process, none of it suitable for public consumption.

Regarding Weintraub's statement, again, if it is wrong for Trump to solicit information or help that might impact an election, it is simultaneously wrong for Biden and the DNC to do the same with regards to Burisma and the Steele Dossier.  Sauce for the goose, brother. 

It is worth noting as well that a tweet (which is your source's ultimate statement) does not qualify as a legal opinion, especially inasmuch as Weintraub does not mention a specific section of law which would apply.  It is informative as well, given the highly politicized nature of this debate, to note Ms. Weintraub's political affiliation.  She is, of course, a Democrat.  

There was a time, perhaps, when this sort of thing could be ignored, but in a world where Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff have convened an "impeachment investigation" without clear evidence of a crime that doesn't implicate their party far worse, it sadly must be taken into account.

It astounds me how quickly Trump's talking points get absorbed and regurgitated by his supporters. We see that throughout this thread. Every reference to the Steele dossier and the Bidens is a TrumpWorld talking point that is nothing more than conspiracy theory nonsense at this point. 

Regarding personal attacks, I have no problem stating the obvious about Trump and Fox News. Trump and his minions on FN are liars at a level we have never seen in politics before. Yes, other politicians are liars but we are now in a place where the lies are so brazen that it no longer matters if they can easily be proven wrong. There is no longer even a token nod to the idea that truth matters. Apparently, Trump and his minions think they can create truth simply by speaking things.

Yes I know that you want to make something of the fact that Weintraub is a Democrat. Unless you can prove bias, that does not matter. It is insane that we now are in a place where every word from the other side has to be discarded simply because their party affiliation. Truth is truth regardless of the party. And Weintraub has forgotten more about election law than you or I will ever know. If you look at the statement linked in the tweet, you see a footnote to the relevant law.

And yes, I know you want to play the "what about the other side" game. I won't engage in that either. It is classic deflection that has nothing to do with what Trump is doing.

Bert Perry's picture

Greg, Biden is on video bragging about his quid pro quo arrangement.  This has nothing to do with Trump or his "minions."  Regarding the Steele dossier,  just google it.  It ain't just Fox and the Trump administration here.  You can rant all day about "minions" and such, but it is a fact, attested on CNN and other "mainstream" journalism venues, that (a) it was not verified (which is law), (b) it appears to have been critical to the Mueller investigation, and (c) it was nonsense.

Regarding "what about the other side?", come on.  If the law is not evenly applied, it is not law in the traditional sense.  It is a convenient cudgel for the side which has the ears of "the swamp" to beat the other.  That's why the FEC has (ahem) a legally prescribed mix of Democrats and Republicans.  Congress knows that this matters.

Aspiring to be a stick in the mud.

GregH's picture

Bert Perry wrote:

Greg, Biden is on video bragging about his quid pro quo arrangement.  This has nothing to do with Trump or his "minions."  Regarding the Steele dossier,  just google it.  It ain't just Fox and the Trump administration here.  You can rant all day about "minions" and such, but it is a fact, attested on CNN and other "mainstream" journalism venues, that (a) it was not verified (which is law), (b) it appears to have been critical to the Mueller investigation, and (c) it was nonsense.

Regarding "what about the other side?", come on.  If the law is not evenly applied, it is not law in the traditional sense.  It is a convenient cudgel for the side which has the ears of "the swamp" to beat the other.  That's why the FEC has (ahem) a legally prescribed mix of Democrats and Republicans.  Congress knows that this matters.

All right Bert. I said I am not engaging on your conspiracy theories any more and I am still of that persuasion. You might want to get on some better news sites so you can find out that Biden was just doing what he was told. As for your Google suggestion, I could go to Google and learn all kinds of nutty things like the world is flat and water is bad for you but I will pass. Have a good day.

Mark_Smith's picture

If you think concern over Biden and the Steele dossier is mere "Fox News Sean Hannity conspiracy theory" then you are really drinking the DNC kool aid! Pick your favorite flavor Smile

 

Bert Perry's picture

I just have to say that like most sensible people, I get all of my conspiracy theories on the wacky right from CNN.  Well, them and MSNBC, along with the Washington Post and New York Times.  For wacky, radical right ideas, you just can't beat 'em.  Who needs WorldNetDaily or Breitbart anymore?  

Aspiring to be a stick in the mud.

Pages