Pastor's Library

There are 9 Comments

Paul Henebury's picture

The lists could be annotated better.  In the NT the Puritan John Lightfoot is confused with the 19th Century clergyman J. B. Lightfoot.  

Dr. Paul Henebury

I am Founder of Telos Ministries, and Senior Pastor at Agape Bible Church in N. Ca.

Rob Fall's picture

Then let the folks in Watertown know that.

Paul Henebury wrote:

The lists could be annotated better.  In the NT the Puritan John Lightfoot is confused with the 19th Century clergyman J. B. Lightfoot.  

Hoping to shed more light than heat..

josh p's picture

DBTS and Masters have similar lists. I usually cross reference all of them before buying a commentary.

Paul Henebury's picture

Rob Fall wrote:

Then let the folks in Watertown know that.

 

Paul Henebury wrote:

 

The lists could be annotated better.  In the NT the Puritan John Lightfoot is confused with the 19th Century clergyman J. B. Lightfoot.  

 

 

 

If any of them read here then I just did.  If not, I really don't feel conflicted about not going there to say it again.  I read this site not that one.  I clicked the link and reported back here.  That's that as far as I am concerned.   

Dr. Paul Henebury

I am Founder of Telos Ministries, and Senior Pastor at Agape Bible Church in N. Ca.

Rob Fall's picture

But SI probably doesn't have a large readership among the MBU faculty.  And if it did, it's getting to be time for finals, graduation and a bunch of other end of the school year activities.  So, clicking the contact button at the top of the linked to page takes as much time as your posting here.

 

Paul Henebury wrote:

 

Rob Fall wrote:

 

Then let the folks in Watertown know that.

 

Paul Henebury wrote:

 

The lists could be annotated better.  In the NT the Puritan John Lightfoot is confused with the 19th Century clergyman J. B. Lightfoot.  

 

 

 

 

 

If any of them read here then I just did.  If not, I really don't feel conflicted about not going there to say it again.  I read this site not that one.  I clicked the link and reported back here.  That's that as far as I am concerned.   

Hoping to shed more light than heat..

TylerR's picture

Editor

I shall take care of it! Have no fear . . .

Tyler is a pastor in Olympia, WA and an Investigations Manager with a Washington State agency. He's the author of the book What's It Mean to Be a Baptist?

Rob Fall's picture

did.

TylerR wrote:

I shall take care of it! Have no fear . . .

Hoping to shed more light than heat..

Jay's picture

Maranatha recommended book list - http://www.mbu.edu/seminary/thestudy/pastors-library/

DBTS recommended book list - available here (opens as a PDF, not as a website).  

I tried to find the TMS Book list online, but it looks like the links I saw are broken.  Anyone out there have a link?  It would be nice to pull together all three or four or these recommended book lists and cross reference them.

"Our task today is to tell people — who no longer know what sin is...no longer see themselves as sinners, and no longer have room for these categories — that Christ died for sins of which they do not think they’re guilty." - David Wells

josh p's picture

That's what I do and if I find there is a book on all lists I usually get it. 

I can link the TMS list in a bit.