This post is where we'll list known problems in the 3.1 update... just so you know what's already being worked on. Note: the forum software we're using at present is BETA, so... stuff will definitely not be entirely right for a while.
- Topic moved notes - Some (all?) front page articles that post automatically on a schedule appear in the threads list with "this topic has been moved to" and a link. The link just goes to the regular location... and no move has actually occurred.
- Number of new posts, etc. in the main forum lists don't seem to be updating very well at this point
- Internet Explorer 7 - IE7 is not rendering the site correctly... it's a mess. This is not really a flaw with our site. Please update to IE8 or Firefox, Chrome or Safari. They all handle the site just fine. Update: we have made some adjustments that improve the look in IE7. The Foundry is still pretty messed up. Might turn out to be easiest to make an alternate Foundry page for users of IE7 and older.
- Errors when creating polls - some users experience errors when creating a new poll and clicking the bottom to add a new poll question. You can ignore these errors for now. The poll still posts.
- Internet Explorer 8 - some users experience "white page with no styling" on various pages of the site, mainly threads reached by using comment links on the New Posts page. Update: this has been resolved (no issues as long as the site's css compression is enabled)
- IE 8 comment links - Links to "last post" and to particular comments (from New Posts page, etc.) do not go to the last comment/particular comment in Internet Explorer 8. They do go to the right page. No idea yet why this happens. So far, no other browsers seem to be having this problem.
New 12/3/10 Forum Selection Dropdown: after a security update, this dropdown no longer defaults to the current forum when you start a new thread. This is a known bug and should be fixed soon.Fixed 12/20/10