Free eBooks (2014)

Forum category

Here’s the list of permalinks to valuable eBooks that I mentioned yesterday. There is no particular order for this list and no plan to do so because I’m going through last year’s thread piece by piece:

Desiring God’s free eBook archive (Not all books are free, but probably 90-95% of the list is)
Christian Classics Ethereal Library
Monergism.com’s free eBook archive
RC Sproul’s list of free eBooks

There are a couple for agencies that offer free monthly ebooks/resources

Logos.com (Logos Bible App is required)
ChristianAudio.com also has a free resource of the month

I also wanted to start a new thread for items that are free in 2014, just for general housekeeping. The first book for January is John (St. Andrew’s Expositional Commentary) by RC Sproul.

Discussion

The Intercessory Prayer of Jesus: Priorities for Dynamic Christian Living

Warren Wiersbe addresses the most pressing concerns of Christian living, including developing an effective prayer life, understanding salvation, making disciples, becoming mature in Christ, and balancing truth and love.
“Jesus’ prayer recorded in John 17 has been called the greatest prayer ever uttered. Now one of America’s most respected Bible teachers, Warren Wiersbe, mines the Lord’s petition for its rich theological and practical gems. The intercessory prayer reveals Jesus’ priorities and concerns as he faced the final hours before his death. By studying this prayer, Christians can learn what was most important to Jesus and make his priorities their own. The Intercessory Prayer Of Jesus addresses the most pressing concerns of contemporary Christian living, including understanding salvation, making disciples, utilizing spiritual resources, become mature in Christ, creating a genuine community of believers, and balancing truth and love. The result is an expository and devotional study reflecting the doctrinal integrity and relevant teachings of Jesus’ prayer recorded some two thousand years ago—and still very much relevant to Christian life today.”—Midwest Book Review

Also - today is last day for the two free resources from Logos and ChristianAudio.com I mentioned above, if anyone is interested.

"Our task today is to tell people — who no longer know what sin is...no longer see themselves as sinners, and no longer have room for these categories — that Christ died for sins of which they do not think they’re guilty." - David Wells

Logos is offering “300 Quotations for Preachers from the Puritans” this month.

ChristianAudio is offering “Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God” by J.I. Packer for May.

Also free today - “How to Talk So Your Husband Will Listen: And Listen So Your Husband Will Talk”..this might be helpful to women (or guys that know they need to communicate more).

"Our task today is to tell people — who no longer know what sin is...no longer see themselves as sinners, and no longer have room for these categories — that Christ died for sins of which they do not think they’re guilty." - David Wells

The Work of Christ: What the Events of Jesus’ Life Mean for You by R.C. Sproul is free for Kindle again if you missed it the first go-around.

Five Things Every Christian Needs to Grow, Revised & Expanded by RC Sproul is available for free at Amazon.com. I suspect that this is a combination/revision of the Crucial Questions book series that is also free.

I would normally like to both the Logos and ChristianAudio books of the month, but I would advise belivers to avoid Bruggemann and prefer not to link to Christian fiction books, simply because there is so much Christian Fiction out there that it would overwhelm the thread and become more of a time drain that I can afford. The links are at the top of the thread if you’re still interested.

The Bumps Are What You Climb On: Encouragement for Difficult Days by Warren Wiersbe is free for download via Amazon.com.

There’s also a new book, Good, available at Desiring God. Here’s the blurb:

Christian complementarity is the conviction that God created men and women as his image-bearers — equal in dignity and distinct in role.

Contrary to popular opinion, the Scripture’s distinctive roles for men and women are not the cultural fads of a bygone era, but integral aspects of God’s good design for humanity, and therefore integral aspects toward humanity’s end — to glorify God by enjoying him forever.

And that’s why we’re excited to announce the release of our latest ebook, Good: The Joy of Christian Manhood and Womanhood, which is available in three formats, free of charge.

We have teamed up with the Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood to produce a multi-contributor volume that aims at a fresh articulation of God’s good design in creating men and women. This new resource — the collaboration of 14 contributors — seeks to cast a vision for manhood and womanhood that is rooted more in beauty than mere ideology, more in gladness than mere position.

The book’s aim is to capture and highlight the glorious reality that God, after creating humans male and female, looked at his creation and called it good.

With chapters on masculinity/being a godly man, immature masculinity, femininity/being a godly woman, training kids in a transgender world, recovery from feminist thought, and purity, it sounds like a great read. It’s available in PDF, ePub, and Mobi formats.

Some of you may be wondering what format is what and which one to use with your device(s). Here’s a brief format key:

*.pdf - the biggest and most common format. Just about anything will read this format.

*.ePub - ePub is a open source standard. If you have a Kindle or Nook, this is the native format you will use. Apple’s iBooks also uses this format, but I believe you need to upload PDFs and ePub files to your device via the iBooks app in order to read them. Windows Phone 8/8.1 can read this format as well, but you need an app from the app store (there are quite a few apps that are free for this).

*.mobi - There are some questions about the long term viability of this format, since the owner of the specification was acquired by Amazon in 2011. It is commonly used by Blackberry devices, but other OS’s as well can read this (Symbian, Windows Phone, Palm/Open OS).

[Jay]

Some of you may be wondering what format is what and which one to use with your device(s). Here’s a brief format key:

*.pdf - the biggest and most common format. Just about anything will read this format.

*.ePub - ePub is a open source standard. If you have a Kindle or Nook, this is the native format you will use. Apple’s iBooks also uses this format, but I believe you need to upload PDFs and ePub files to your device via the iBooks app in order to read them. Windows Phone 8/8.1 can read this format as well, but you need an app from the app store (there are quite a few apps that are free for this).

*.mobi - There are some questions about the long term viability of this format, since the owner of the specification was acquired by Amazon in 2011. It is commonly used by Blackberry devices, but other OS’s as well can read this (Symbian, Windows Phone, Palm/Open OS).

MOBI is a KIndle format - it is an older format.

I thought that EPUB had to be converted to MOBI for KIndle’s.

CanJAmerican - my blog
CanJAmerican - my twitter
whitejumaycan - my youtube

Kindle devices do not support the EPUB file format used by many other e-book readers. Instead, they are designed to use Amazon’s own e-book formats: AZW, and, in fourth generation and later Kindles, KF8. Like EPUB, these formats are intended for reflowable, richly formatted e-book content and supportDRM restrictions, but unlike EPUB, they are proprietary formats. Free software such as the free and open source calibre, Amazon’s KindleGen,[102] and the email based Send-to-Kindle service are available to convert e-books into these formats. Kindle devices can also display some generic document formats such as plain text (TXT) and Portable Document Format (PDF) files, however reflowing is not supported for these file types.

I stand corrected - I think I may have read it as “Kindle devices do… support the ePub” instead.

JohnBrian is correct - *.mobi’s format was acquired by Amazon in 2011 (as I noted) and it is the underlying basis for the *.azw format currently in use.

I should also note that Calibre will allow end users to convert file formats for ebooks - I’m going to try converting some of the Desiring God PDF formats to ePub and see how that turns out in the near future. I’m hoping I can eliminate a lot of the extraneous white space in the margins and make the books more readable by putting them into a reflowable format. DG does offer a few books in ePub/Mobi, but most of them are older titles and are only in the *.pdf format. Calibre has a section on their website explaining that type of conversion can be tricky, though.

When it rains, it pours down free ebooks :)

Logos’ offering this month is The Righteousness of Faith according to Luther. This one sounds really interesting to me, and I’m looking forward to digging in.

ChristianAudio’s offering this month is Lion of Babylon. I don’t normally link to fiction, but in this case I’ll let it pass.

Also three more freebies:

Be Daring (Acts 13-28) by Warren Wiersbe

In his motivational sequel to Be Dynamic (Acts 1-12), best-selling author Warren W. Wiersbe skillfully explains the book of Acts to the layperson and the pastor alike.

Readers travel through dungeon prisons, see the ancient world as if it were today, and witness the marvelous work God can do through a few souls fully surrendered to His purposes. They witness Paul’s conversion and spot his imperfections, yet still they enter his successes as the Lord uses him to preach Good News to the lost and dying. Because there are hardships today, places where God is unwelcome, and people whose hearts are unreceptive, both young and old will benefit from knowing that Paul’s God is their God—the God of the ages.

​A Method for Prayer by Steve Kindorf

PRAYING GOD’S WRITTEN WORD
‘Sitting at his feet with your door closed, your affection set on things above, pray to your Father who is in secret’
In this modernized version of “A Method for Prayer,” written by Matthew Henry in 1710, Steve Kindorf gives us an updated and readable spelling of the book, and includes all the cross references from the original. This book offers added devotional prayers and Bible study aids from the publisher/author of this new expanded edition. The book features a collection of 700 short devotional prayers to the Godhead of Jesus Christ called ‘My Affection’ (that is, proclamations and praises of his many names, titles and attributes; being with you in worship before his throne as you think on them throughout the day and meditate in the night watches; God has said in Philippians 4:8 & Psalm 63:6.); a poetic setting of Psalm 119; a Glossary containing 2400 words of the King James Bible and a daily Bible reading plan.
As believers, it is utterly important to learn more about God through the Bible…..the inspired Word of God spoken through men. This devotional will help you to read the Bible in a consistent manner. Like many hymns that are hundreds of years old, an inspired writing by the man of God can be useful in bringing us closer to our Heavenly Father. The Bible instructs us to study to show ourselves approved unto God. Unlike human contact, we can’t talk face to face so we talk through prayer and reading His word to us…the Bible. Using the devotional will help you to stay on a focused path and having the glossary will be quite useful as well. Words sometimes lose meaning in translation so checking the words as you go will help you to get a fuller understanding of the context. For example, there are nine different words for love in the Greek language. One means brotherly love, one means old shoe love etc…
If you are looking to expand your knowledge and to grow close with God this book is a must have! I definitely recommend it and will be starting the devotions myself.

God bless!
by Dolce Joisel

Little Black Sheep by Ashley Cleveland

“This is the story of the groundwork that paved the way to my faith. It is not an easy story to tell….”

This powerful memoir from Grammy Award winner Ashley Cleveland reminds us that even in the lowest times of our lives, beauty can shine through.

As a young woman from a deeply flawed family, Ashley had little hope she would amount to anything. If there was trouble, near or far, she found it. Yet, in her destructive days of drugs, alcohol, and sex, she encountered a forgiving God who was relentlessly faithful.

Change did not come quickly. The brokenness did not disappear. But little by little, Ashley allowed God to heal her, to transform her desires, to bring courage to others through her journey. Little by little, she saw that it was her brokenness itself that God wanted to use.

This beautifully told story will take you from the back rooms of Nashville to the churches of the San Francisco Bay area to a tender new life where one woman discovers that God can work in broken places.

Finally, my friend Adam Blumer (I know him from my NIU days) is selling his first ebook, Fatal Illusions, this week for $1.99. You may want to check that out too.

109 Sermons and Other Works by J.C. Ryle is free this month at Monergism.

This following eBook is a selection of some of his best tracts and sermons and we pray they are a blessing to your life. This eBook comes complete with an active linked Table of Contents, making navigation quicker and easier.

AVAILABLE IN BOTH EPUB AND KINDLE .MOBI FORMATS

A Call to Prayer
Bible Reading
Sickness
Signs of the Times
We Must Be Holy!

Self-Inquiry
Regeneration Part I, Part II, Part III
The Duties of Parents
Looking Unto Jesus!
The Power of the Holy Spirit
Without Clouds
The Lord’s Garden
The Whole Family!
Do You Believe?
Having the Spirit
The Holy Spirit
Prove All Things
The Blood of the Lamb
The Lord’s Supper
The Real Presence—What Is It?
The Outlook
True Preaching
Be Content
Many Shall Come
Come!
Are You Born Again?
Calvary
Profit and Loss
What Can You Know?
Heaven
Are You Looking?
Hold Fast!
Never Perish!
The Way of Salvation
The Privileges of the True Christian
Wheat or Chaff?
The Cross of Christ
A Bad Heart
Christ Crucified
What Is Your Hope?
Our Hope!
Christ in the Sick Room
Only One Way—Christ!
Enoch Walking with God
Self-Righteousness
Ready to Be Offered (On Assurance)
The Grace of God in Vain
Conversion
Few Saved!
Alive or Dead?
The Heart
Where Are Your Sins?
Where Are You?
Are You Regenerate?
Are You an Heir?
Be Zealous
Faith!
Repentance
Our Profession
Are You Ready?
An Example in Word
Consider Your Ways
Christ’s Invitation
The Ten Virgins
Are You Born Again?
Fire! Fire!
Thoughts on Immortality
Simplicity in Preaching
Inspiration
Forgiveness
Justification
Our Souls!
Daniel Found Faithful
The Unchanging Christ
Christ’s Power to Save
Are You Asleep?
Victory!
Election
Perseverance
Tried by Its Fruits
The Christian Race
What Do You Think About Christ?
The Fallibility of Ministers
Saving Faith
Come Unto Me
The Great Battle
The Character of the True Christian
All Kinds of Strange Teachings
The Lord our Righteousness
I Have Something to Say to You
Give Yourself Wholly to Them
Apostolic Fears
Gospel Treasures
Not Corrupting the Word
Unbelief, a Marvel
Neglect Not the Gift
Ready to Be Offered
The True Church
One Blood
To Whom?
Portraits
Pharisees and Sadducees
The Rights and Duties of Laymen
Evangelical Religion
Athens
George Whitefield
Toplady and His Ministry
Christ is All
Christian Leaders of the Last Century

Key Words of the Christian Life: Understanding and Applying Their Meanings by Warren Wiersbe is free for Kindle or devices with the Kindle software.

The biblical shorthand of theological language is useful for expressing complicated doctrines-but only for those who understand it. Key Words of the Christian Life de-mystifies words and concepts like “justification,” “sanctification,” and “adoption into the family of God” for lay readers.

Each chapter focuses on a New Testament word or phrase that has important implications for the believer’s life and faith. Warren Wiersbe gives easy-to-grasp explanations of each word’s theological meaning, along with practical application for the Christian life. Wiersbe’s careful teaching will be invaluable to everyone from new believers to those looking for resources to teach others the powerful implications of key Bible words.

Warren Wiersbe’s commentary/devotional on Romans is available for free via Amazon.com today.

Every Christian desires to “be right” about their faith. How we live out our faith holds eternal significance. But in order to be right, we must know what, why, and how come we believe in Christ.
It can be argued that no book of the Bible has had a greater effect on Christianity than the book of Romans. In this classic commentary by Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe, you can refresh your own understanding of this seminal work, Paul’s masterpiece letter to the church in Rome. Dr. Wiersbe’s careful exposition of the text allows the truth to soak into your heart and mind as you read and understand these essential truths of Scripture.

Fast Forward to Mission is free for Kindle.

This ebook short includes the first and last chapters of Hirsch’s Right Here, Right Now and enables readers to envision and embark on everyday mission that makes a difference, regardless of their situation, vocation, or location. Hirsch challenges readers to think differently about the world and their place in it, setting them free to act differently in the world and spread the kingdom wherever they go.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works, vol. 3: Creation and Fall is free via Logos.com in the month of August.

Creation and Fall originated in lectures given by Dietrich Bonhoeffer at the University of Berlin in the winter semester of 1932–1933 during the demise of the Weimar Republic and the birth of the Third Reich. In the course of these events, Bonhoeffer called his students to focus their attention on the word of God—the word of truth in a time of turmoil.

In the Logos edition, Creation and Fall is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.

I know quite a few here have read Metaxas’ book on Bonhoeffer, so I think this might be of slightly more interest than the normal ‘free book of the month’.

Surprised by Suffering: The Role of Pain and Death in The Christian Life

The problem of suffering is often raised by those who question the goodness or the power of God. In this book, newly revised and expanded, R.C. Sproul provides biblical answers to the questions all of us ask about suffering and addresses some of the many unbiblical conclusions that are put forth today. In the end, he shows that suffering is not outside the realm of God’s providence and His good purposes.

The Wiersbe Bible Study Series: Genesis 1-11: Believing the Simple Truth of God’s Word

In a cluttered and confusing world, there’s value in getting back to basics. The first eleven chapters of Genesis offer foundational truths on faith, sin, and relationships—both with God and others. This study guide provides a panoramic view of the beginning of life, while exploring God’s basic values for His people.

Wiersbe Bible Studies deliver practical, in-depth guides to selected books of the Bible. Featuring insights from Wiersbe’s Be Basic commentary, this eight-week study features engaging questions and practical applications that will help you connect God’s word with your life.

If anyone is willing to take a two question Google poll, they can get a free copy of Lydia Brownback’s book on contentment. The book is in ePub and *.mobi formats - this is NOT for Amazon’s Kindle software format.

The book is called “Contentment: A Godly Woman’s Adornment”, and you can get more information at Crossway’s website. I do not know how long the poll or offer will be up.

Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels

Written by an L. A. County homicide detective and former atheist, Cold-Case Christianity examines the claims of the New Testament using the skills and strategies of a hard-to-convince criminal investigator.

Christianity could be defined as a “cold case”: it makes a claim about an event from the distant past for which there is little forensic evidence. In Cold-Case Christianity, J. Warner Wallace uses his nationally recognized skills as a homicide detective to look at the evidence and eyewitnesses behind Christian beliefs. Including gripping stories from his career and the visual techniques he developed in the courtroom, Wallace uses illustration to examine the powerful evidence that validates the claims of Christianity.

A unique apologetic that speaks to readers’ intense interest in detective stories, Cold-Case Christianity inspires readers to have confidence in Christ as it prepares them to articulate the case for Christianity.

Marriage Matters: Extraordinary Change through Ordinary Moments is currently free for Kindle devices.

Can Ordinary Marriages Become Extraordinary?
He snapped at her during breakfast. She brought up a past mistake. He walked out angry. She left without saying good-bye. An ordinary day in an ordinary marriage. But what if things could be different? What if the moments that seem the most ordinary moments of annoyance, conflict, pain, or cold indifference could become moments in which you’re able to understand God’s incredible agenda for love and begin to do something new?
Winston T. Smith, drawing on his extensive experience as a marriage counselor, offers a simple yet powerful prescription for changing your marriage. He shows how examining the everyday disappointments and irritations in your marriage will help you understand yourself, your spouse, and your need for God’s love. Change begins with seeing day-to-day interactions from a different perspective, taking simple steps to love one another more effectively, and then learning how to take those steps over and over again. Interactions that used to devolve into pointless annoyances and fights can become an opportunity for God’s activity and love to become increasingly evident and powerful.
The principles in this book will take your marriage to extraordinary places and lead you into a deeper relationship with an extraordinary God. Don’t settle for an ordinary marriage, learn to live out God’s extraordinary love in your most intimate relationship.

Winston T. Smith, M.Div., is a counselor and faculty member at the Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) and has extensive experience as a marriage and family counselor. In addition to the Marriage Matters book, he is also the author of two Marriage Matters companion products: Marriage Matters Manual Facilitators Guide, and Marriage Matters Study Guide. Additionally, he is the author of the minibooks Divorce Recovery: Growing and Healing God’s Way; Help for Stepfamilies: Avoiding the Pitfalls and Learning to Love; It’s All About Me: The Problem with Masturbation; and Who Does the Dishes? Decision Making in Marriage.

Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Christian Belief (John M. Frame) (Kindle ebook)

Publisher’s Description

Systematic Theology is the culmination and creative synthesis of John Frame’s writing on, teaching about, and studying of the Word of God. This magisterial opus—at once biblical, clear, cogent, readable, accessible, and practical—summarizes the mature thought of one of the most important and original Reformed theologians of the last hundred years. It will enable you to see clearly how the Bible explains God’s great, sweeping plan for mankind.

Includes a Foreword by J. I. Packer

About the Author

John M. Frame (AB, Princeton University; BD, Westminster Theological Seminary; MA and MPhil, Yale University; DD, Belhaven College) holds the J. D. Trimble Chair of Systematic Theology and Philosophy at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando and is the author of many books, including the four–volume Theology of Lordship series, as well as Apologetics to the Glory of God, No Other God: A Response to Open Theism, Cornelius Van Til: An Analysis of His Thought, and Salvation Belongs to the Lord.

You cannot get this deal through Amazon.com. In order to get the $1.99 price, you must use the WTS Bookstore link above. There are instructions for getting on your Kindle or reader of choice after purchase. It is in Kindle format only.

Free at ChristianAudio - How Then Should We Live, by Francis Schaffer. Seems appropriate to link to this in light of the discussion on another thread.

Free at Logos Baptist with the promo code BAPTISTSPURGEON - The Letters of Charles Spurgeon

​Finally, I noted this earlier today in a different thread, and I should repost here again, since it’s been a while:

The posting of any book on the thread is not intended to be a blanket endorsement of the content in it. As is the case with Filings, the links are provided solely for informational purposes only. As the old saying goes, “the buyer should beware.” On the other hand, if SI links to a book that contains a clear violation of the site Doctrinal Statement, we will—after verification—break the link and make a note of the error…SI is providing this information as a service to readers, and it is our hope and prayer that it will be a blessing to many. If there is any feedback or comments on this, please contact me directly via PM.

Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims

Who are these guys? That was the question the teenage Daniel R. Hyde posed to his father when he first encountered Reformed believers. With their unique beliefs and practices, these Christians didn t fit any of the categories in his mind.

Not so many years later, Hyde is now Rev. Daniel R. Hyde, a pastor of a Reformed church. Recognizing that many are on the outside looking in, just as he once was, he wrote Welcome to a Reformed Church: A Guide for Pilgrims to explain what Reformed churches believe and why they structure their life and worship as they do.

In layman s terms, Rev. Hyde sketches the historical roots of the Reformed churches, their scriptural and confessional basis, their key beliefs, and the ways in which those beliefs are put into practice. The result is a roadmap for those encountering the Reformed world for the first time and a primer for those who want to know more about their Reformed heritage.

You can also download it in other formats from Ligonier Ministries.

If you have enjoyed the SI article on the Literal Interpretation of Genesis 3, Proclaim and Defend (the FBFI Blog) has made the entire article freely available in Kindle, PDF, and ePub formats at their website. I’ve quoted some specific details about the author and article from the P&D page here:

John Mincy was a church planter in Singapore and California and is now pastor emeritus of Heritage Baptist Church in Antioch, California.

This article is an abstract of a significant dissertation of a doctoral candidate in the graduate school of Bob Jones University. First published in Biblical Viewpoint, Vol. VIII, No. 2, November 1974, pp. 145-153, by Bob Jones University. Used by permission.

Be Strong (Joshua): Putting God’s Power to Work in Your Life (The BE Series Commentary) is free at Amazon.com today and probably a couple more days in the future.

It can seem as though today’s culture encourages weakness, not strength. And this attitude has crept into the church. Yet God’s people are called to be soldiers, and to fight for His cause and kingdom. Based on the book of Joshua, Be Strong is an inspiring guide to pursuing a victorious life.
Part of Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe’s best-selling “BE” commentary series, Be Strong has now been updated with study questions and a new introduction by Ken Baugh. A respected pastor and Bible teacher, Dr. Wiersbe shares the need for strong, dedicated believers. You’ll discover how to dodge defeat, pursue your purpose, and take hold of all God has in store for you.

TylerR sent me a note and pointed out that DBTS has a list of very helpful and very inexpensive Kindle books for sale. The titles include Schaff’s 8 volume work on the History of the Christian Church for $1.99, 15 works by Martin Luther for $1.99, and Calvin’s commentaries for $2.99.

Some of them are in the public domain, but having them in Kindle format might be useful for some here.

Warren Wiersbe’s Be series book on Job - in Kindle format - is free for download at Amazon.com today.

The Wiersbe Bible Study Series for Psalms is free in a PDF format at David C. Cooke’s website.

“Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor” is free for download via Crossway.org; you do have to fill out a quick survey (no personal ID is necessary) to get it to work.

Building Conservative Churches, by David de Bruyn, is free for Kindle right now. I just picked it up and will give it a read.

Alfred Plummer [1841–1926] wrote commentaries on both 1st and 2nd Thessalonians - they are available for download at this link.

Other materials may be available at the BiblicalStudies.org.uk website, which is the host for those two commentaries and some more items I noticed. As always, linking to these things is provided as an service to the SharperIron readers and is not necessarily a blanket endorsement.

Another one of Arnold Plummer’s commentaries, this time on 2 Corinthians, is available in PDF format for download.

Ligioner Ministries has scrapped it’s usual $5 Friday sales for Free Reformation Resources Friday. There are quite a few free resources that will be available for purchase/download for today only at their website.

ChristianAudio is making copies of “The Attributes of God, Vol. 1” by AW Tozer available for free this month. Pick that up!

Also free - International Critical Commentary on 1 Corinthians via BiblicalTruth.org.uk. There have been a lot of resources there lately, so look through the website. H/T to Drake Torp-Pedersen for the link!

You can get a copy of the book “Revolution in World Missions” for free from The Gospel in Asia via this link. They also make electronic formats available (ePub, Mobi, and MP3 Audio) after you register for the printed copy.

“The Epistle to the Hebrews with Introduction and Notes” by A.B. Davidson is available as a PDF, and the book William M. Ramsay, “St Paul the Traveller and Roman Citizen” is also available for free as a PDF. Both are hosted by Biblicalstudies.org, which is a good site to peruse if you are interested in some more classics.

“The Doctrine of Law and Grace Unfolded” by John Bunyan is free in both Mobi and ePub formats at Monergism.com.

The Dawning of Indestructible Joy” by John Piper is free this month through ChristianAudio. I haven’t read this book yet and think it might be fairly new. The PDF is also available at Desiring God’s free ebooks page.

Also, the Kindle book “The Names of Jesus” is available for free as well via Amazon.

ChristianAudio is making an audio version of C.H. Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening devotional available for free this month. I would encourage you to download it!

Logos also continues to make a free book available each month, and this month’s offering is “The Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges: Genesis” by Herbert Edward Ryle. I don’t know much about this, but since it’s free, I’m willing to give it a try. Another inexpensive work available ($5.00) this month is the “Historic Creeds and Confessions” by Rick Brannan; that may be worth picking up this month as well. I’ve found myself referring to the old creeds a lot lately.

Amazon has a bunch of Jay Adams books on sale for Kindle. I would especially recommend How to Help People Change. This little book is much more helpful and simpler than what is being put out by CCEF these days.

Tyler is a pastor in Olympia, WA and works in State government.