Note: The following resolutions were passed at the recent Fundamental Baptist Fellowship International National Conference, held June 10-12.
Loyalty to God and His Word:
Resolution Affirming the Biblical View of Inspiration, Texts, and Translation
- The Bible claims that it is plenarily and verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit in its original writings;
- The Bible claims that it will be preserved by God throughout the ages;
- The Bible claims that its Spirit indwelt readers will be illumined by the Holy Spirit as they read;
- The practice of translating the Scriptures into common languages was affirmed by the practice of Jesus Christ and the practice of the New Testament Church;
- The Bible makes no claim to the specific manner by which it would be preserved, or to further inspiration or perfection through any translators in any language;
The FBFI affirms the orthodox, historic, and most importantly biblical doctrine of inspiration, affirming everything the Bible claims for itself, and rejecting, as a violation of Revelation 22:18-19, any so-called doctrine, teaching, or position concerning inspiration, preservation, or translation that goes beyond the specific claims of scripture.
Great Commission Leadership:
Resolution Affirming the Legitimacy of the Sunday School
Read more about 2008 FBFI Resolutions 1 and 2